Well, it is that time again!
And exactly what time I hear some of you asking?
Time to start thinking about the Douglas County Homeschoolers' Geography Bee!
Our local Bee is held in January, always on a Friday, just for a heads-up.
The Bee is open to any 4th-8th grader homeschooled student in Douglas County. There is no cost to attend or participate in the Bee. Just come and join in with other homeschoolers in the area. It is a low-key event which takes place in the Ford Room of the library in Roseburg.
1. Which state is known as the Sunshine State?
a) California b) Florida c) Arizona d) Maine
2. Which state is known as the First State?
a) Delaware b) New York c) Connecticut d) Virginia
3. Which state's capital is Santa Fe?
a) Oregon b) New Mexico c) Arizona d) Texas
4. Which state's capital is Boston?
a) Vermont b) New York c) Massachusetts d) Rhode Island
5. Which state is known as the Land of Lincoln?
a) Illinois b) Kentucky c) California d) Indiana
6. This state is home to the Redwood National Park, home of the world's tallest living tree, a 371-foot redwood. Name the state.
a) Utah b) Oregon c) California d) Mississippi
7. Craters of the Moon National Monument is home in this state. Name the state.
a) Idaho b) Washington c) Montana d) Colorado
8. This state is known as the Cornhusker state, where cattle outnumber people 4:1. What is the state?
a) Wyoming b) Missouri c) Nebraska d) Idaho
9. This state is called the "Land of Lakes" due to the 14,000 lakes formed by glaciers and is bordered by two of the Great Lakes, Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. Name this state.
a) Wisconsin b) Michigan c) New York d) Ohio
10. This state has the nickname of the Mount Rushmore State. Name the state.
a) North Dakota b) South Dakota c) Montana d) Kansas
For more information about the Bee, please email Michaél ("Michelle").