September 17 @ 9:00 am - September 19 @ 9:00 pm | $349
Mt. Hood Village
Contact: James Staddon
EARLY DISCOUNT: First 4 photographers receive $50 off! -or- GROUP DISCOUNT: Groups of 2 or more receive $100 off per photographer!
- General Registration: $399/photographer
- Early Discount: First 4 individual photographers receive $50 off per photographer!
- Group Discount: Groups of 2 or more receive a total of $100 off per photographer!
- CAPTURE Alumni: Coupon available for an additional $50 off per photographer!
- Maximum attendance: 8
- Current spots available: (check website)
- 15 years or older
- Physical ability to be walking or hiking for many hours in a day
- “Beyond the basics” to intermediate skill level
- Personal DSLR camera, tripod, laptop computer, and image editing software
- Thursday: Start with brunch, classroom training during the day, visit a shooting destination for sunset
Focus of the day: How to start shooting in Manual mode
- Friday: Visit a second shooting destination for sunrise, classroom and post-processing training during the day, visit a third shooting destination for sunset.
Focus of the day: How to organize your pictures and keep them organized
- Saturday: Visit a fourth shooting destination for sunrise, classroom and critique during the day, visit a finale shooting destination for the afternoon and sunset.
Focus of the day: Learning to “see” and putting composition technique into practice
Exactly when and at what destinations we’ll be shooting is based on many factors unknown until the actual week of the workshop. However, the Columbia Gorge and Mount Hood area teems with incredible photography opportunities. Potential shooting locations could include the following: Trillium Lake, Bridal Veil Falls, Vista House at Crown Point, Multnomah Falls, Oneonta Gorge, Wahkeena Falls, and Lost Lake with vistas of Mt. Hood.
- Transportation to/from the workshop is not provided.
- Airport runs to/from Portland International airport are available upon prearranged agreement.
Be considerate of the dates and times your flights are scheduled to arrive and depart. Wednesday and Sunday afternoons are the best times to schedule your flight. Please submit your requests for airport runs to James Staddon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Suggested airport run donation of $10/run
- For lodging on Wednesday through Saturday nights, there is room available at the workshop location.
Sleeping arrangements for guys and girls will be separated.
- Estimated cost per night on location is $50/night, with payment collected at time of arrival.
Price is completely dependent on the final number of attendees.
- You are free to secure lodging at a different, nearby location if you so desire.
- Meals will be provided for the majority of the workshop on a brunch schedule: a mid morning breakfast and a late afternoon dinner.
- Some meals may be taken at local restaurants near shooting destinations.
- Bring clothing for cool temperatures. Dress in layers.
- Average September temperatures in this part of the country are High 70, Low 45, and may feel like it’s freezing sometimes.
We will be out before sunrise in the mornings which is the coldest part of the day, so please dress accordingly.
- Bring stuff to keep you and your gear dry in the field in case it rains.
- Modest attire is always in style.
- The CAPTURE Details page provides overall information regarding specific topics covered, generic schedule of each day, suggested items to bring, and more details on what is and is not included with your tuition.
- We will visit a local church on the Sunday morning after the workshop for anyone who would like to come.
Questions? Don’t hesitation to drop questions on the Workshops Q&A forum! To contact James directly, visit the Contact page or call (203) 721-03631.