Homeschooling isn't easy. In fact, sometimes it can be downright discouraging due to:
- Illness in the family
- financial problems
- single parent households
- curricula not fitting well with your children
- poor attitudes among children
- lack of support from friends and family
- and many other issues.
That's why we're here to support each other. Homeschooling can be the most amazing adventure on which you and your family have ever been, if you have:
The best way to find out the latest events with local homeschoolers in Douglas County is to join Douglas County Homeschoolers (Oregon), our online Facebook group. You'll notice that we:
- invite families to join in our activities during the year
- advertise curricula we are wanting to buy or borrow or are needing to sell
- ask for advice about homeschooling - and a lot more!
- arrange field trips
- encourage each other!
At Douglas County Homeschoolers (Oregon), we try our best not to:
- discourage others who may homeschool with a method that is different than ours
- discuss highly controversial topics that could divide any group (religious theology, politics, family size, etc.)
- be rude and respond too hastily
You may or may not consider yourself a religious person. Many homeschoolers in Douglas County find that their faith is at the center of why they homeschool their children. You are welcome to hang out with us whether you attend church or not. Would you like someone to privately pray for you? If so, please contact David or Kathy (679-1251) and/or Elmer or Julieanne (440-2122), or click on their names for their email address. We would enjoy praying for you during this school year. Your prayer request will be kept confidential.