For a basic monthly schedule of activities, scroll down below this calendar.
Please help us add all homeschooling events to this local calendar!
Every month during the school year
- Homeschool Skate: 2nd Thursday of each month (1-3 p.m.). Homeschool Skate is at Parkview Skating Center on Stewart Parkway in Roseburg
- Homeschool Bowling: we are currently looking for someone to coordinate this. If you are interested, please email us - and we'll provide you with the simple details.
- DC Homeschool Co-op: most Thursday afternoons during the school year (three Thursdays per month; ages birth through teens)
- Roseburg LIFE Co-op: Fridays from noon to 3:30 p.m.
- Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) has teen activities for Christian youth almost every month during the school year
- Friday, September 8, 2017: Oaks Park "Not Back to School" Day ~ homeschooling families only at the Amusement Park! (Portland, Oregon)
- Mid-September: Last day to register for PSAT at public high schools in our county (PSAT will be held on Oct. 14, 2015)
- October: Homeschool Pumpkin Patch field trip (corn maze, pumpkin patch, hay ride, and more!)
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015: (7:45 a.m.) PSAT at area public high schools
- Homeschool Spelling Bee preparation begins (grades 4-8) - Word lists begin to be available weekly in The News-Review local newspaper, or online if you have an online membership, or at The News-Review's front desk (call 672-3321 to ask them to please set aside a free word list packet for your family to pick up at their front desk).
- Homeschool Moms' Christmas Brunch (some years). For more information, call Kathy LaLande at 679-1251.
- Mid-January: National Geographic geography bee for homeschoolers only! Winner takes written qualifying test to advance to the Oregon state competition. Sorry, charter school members may not participate in our local homeschool geography bee, but they are welcome to have their own geography bee within their own charter school and then advance their winner to the state competition.
- Toward the end of February ~ Qualifying Homeschool Spelling Bee ~ homeschoolers gather to select winner who will advance to the county-wide public/private/homeschool spelling bee in April. Sponsored by The News-Review newspaper (grades 4-8 ~ county bee participants must be under 16 at the county bee in April). According to The News-Review rules, charter school homeschooled students must compete in their own qualifying bee among their charter school peers; they won't be able to compete in the homeschool spelling bee due to being registered as public school students.
- 3rd Saturday in April: Douglas County Spelling Bee. Come support our local homeschool winner at the county spelling bee!
- TeenPact classes at the State Capitol (both one-day classes for elementary students and a four-day class for older students are held). Learn about how bills are passed into law, how the political system works, and how Christians can become involved in the legal process and politics.
- Homeschool Park Days ~ generally twice each month throughout the summer; we are looking for a new volunteer to lead this for Summer 2016.
- Standardized Testing for Homeschoolers (usually early May and early June ~ contact Diane)
- July 22-23, 2016: Oregon Christian Homeschool Conference (Portland, Oregon)
Free photos from FreeDigitalPhotos.net